Current available jobs in Consulting & Corporate Sales:
» Account Executive, Strategy & Activation - Global Partnerships (New York, NY)
» Account Manager, Strategy & Activation - Global Partnerships (New York, NY)
» IMG: Account Director, Strategy & Activation - Global Partnerships (New York, NY)
» Sales Manager, ANA Inspiration - IMG Golf Events (Rancho Mirage, CA)
WME | IMG Strategy & Activation develops and implements sports, entertainment and lifestyle marketing strategies for brands focused on B2B and B2C audiences.
The Account Director will be responsible for coordinating and implementing activation programming, promotions, special events and branded content campaigns for a national network of sports and entertainment partnerships. Will be responsible for working across WME | IMG to facilitate compelling, integrated and effective activations to meet client objectives and strategy. Serve as primary liaison between multiple WME | IMG divisions participating in the scope of work. Will manage at least two direct reports and lead cross functional teams on project assignments to drive brand and business results. He/she will use software including Powerpoint, Keynote and Photoshop to effectively convey a client’s message to a target audience through visual communication.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of marketing programs: creative ideation, strategy, logistics support, approval support and tracking, status tracking and final delivery.
- Lead cross-functional engagement team that may include those from other divisions. Projects may include: marketing strategies, activation strategies and positioning documents, marketing plans, event planning, and implementation of marketing tactics.
- Develop yearly strategic and activation plans in coordination and liaise/interface with internal WME | IMG divisions as necessary to develop and implement strategies.
- Research and analysis - Leverage consumer research in order to create fact-based insights in developing brand strategies, marketing strategies and selling our brands to marketing partners.
- Become an “expert” in marketing and client business/marketing goals across sports, entertainment, music, live events, talent, and digital verticals operated by WME | IMG.
- Responsible for timelines, milestones, deliverables, ROI tracking and budgets on behalf of dedicated account team.
- The Account Director will be expected to provide on-going input and leadership across the team without over-stepping lines of responsibility.
- Manage direct reports; provide on-going training, performance feedback and engage in talent mapping / succession planning.
- The Account Director will be expected to make a meaningful contribution to the leadership and development of the Marketing team in terms of process management, best practices, thought leadership and innovation.
- Bachelors degree required in Marketing, Sponsorship or related field. MBA preferred but not required.
- A minimum of 8+ years of agency, client-based of property/event sponsorship or marketing experience. Specific disciplines could include: business development, sponsorship marketing, branded content, graphic design, event marketing, or promotional marketing
- Experience should include brand strategy experience from an advertising agency, brand consultancy or in-house brand group with a record of developing winning brand ideas.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proven track record in developing and implementing creative solutions to marketing challenges.
- Ability to lead the development and implementation of marketing programs with a cross-functional team.
- Ability to manage day-to-day relationships with clients and other divisions within WME | IMG.
- Intellectual leadership, a problem-solving aptitude, and a broad understanding of global popular culture.
- Excellent time management, written and oral communication skills
- Ability to think strategically and creatively, and to communicate such thoughts proactively, efficiently and effectively
- Understanding the entertainment landscape including the business of sports, fashion, food, film and digital.
- Proficient in Microsoft, Keynote and Adobe
- Ability to problem-solve independently and in groups.
- Proven ability to manage a high volume of client-service deliverables without sacrificing quality.
As an integrated company, WME | IMG sits at the forefront of cultural influence to effectively connect brands with consumers’ passions. Under Global Partnerships, the Strategy & Activation team is comprised of subject matter experts around the world helping clients create, negotiate, activate and evaluate integrated marketing programs.
As part of the NY-based team, this Account Executive position will be responsible for supporting the sponsorship and experiential marketing initiatives for a client in the financial services and insurance sector, with a particular focus on the brand’s engagement with the military community through the NFL.
· Assist with the daily management of client’s sponsorship and experiential marketing initiatives
· Participate in the strategic development and tactical implementation of programs and campaigns
· Help manage the performance measurement process against established client objectives
· Interface with other account team members, client(s) and all appropriate agencies and partner properties
· Manage client-vendor relationships and coordinate necessary activation deliverables on behalf of client
· Create and maintain client-ready materials, such as POVs, recommendations, and activation plans
· Liaise with internal WME | IMG divisions, as necessary, in support of programs (e.g., insights, content, etc.)
· Support tactical implementation at events where agency staff is needed (e.g., hospitality, talent relations)
· Assist the creative development process to ensure the client’s brand is accurately represented
ESSENTIAL JOB KNOWLEDGE and PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS:
· Bachelor’s degree
· Minimum of 3-4 years of agency or client-based account management experience
· Experience with brand positioning, marketing strategies, and experiential marketing
· Experience working with internal account and creative teams, and collaborating with other agency partners
· Proven ability to prioritize workflow, manage multiple projects simultaneously and drive results
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with client management experience preferred
· Experience and desire to work with military-based programs a plus
· Ability to think strategically and creatively, and to problem-solve independently and in groups
· Experience working with NFL clubs preferred
· Ability to travel 20% of the time (including weekend events)
· Proficient in MS Office Suite & Photoshop
The Account Manager will be responsible for strategic planning and day-to-day management of client’s sponsorship marketing initiatives.
· Manage the development and implementation process for client’s on-going sponsorship strategy and initiatives, including customized programs/promotions.
· Responsible for the day to day management of client’s sponsorship marketing program. Interface with client, other IMG divisions and all appropriate agencies/properties to support sponsorship initiatives.
· Manage the sponsorship measurement and return on investment process in conjunction with all programs.
· Manage client-vendor relationships and coordinate necessary activation and leveraging deliverables on behalf of client.
· Manage the creation of materials to support the client’s sponsorships programming, including, but not limited to preparing marketing activation presentations and materials to be distributed to the client.
· Liaise/interface with external organizations and internal IMG divisions as necessary to develop and implement activation programs, including areas such as on-site activation and athlete agreements.
· Support sponsorship tactical implementation/coordination at all events where agency staff is needed. Specific services could include ticket distribution, hospitality, guest relations, talent booking, invitations, and client/property relationship management.
· Support client’s broader initiatives in the areas of research and idea generation.
· A minimum of five (5) years of agency or client-based sponsorship account management experience. Specific disciplines could include sponsorship marketing, event marketing, property public relationship and/or sponsor servicing
· Driven and managed the development and implementation of sponsorship marketing strategy and activation on behalf of client
- Ability to think strategically and creatively
· Experience with NFL, NBA properties/organizations and festivals required
· Managed day to day relationships with client, agency(ies) and vendors
· Participation in sponsorship contract and vendor negotiations
· Experience with on-site event marketing operations and logistics
· Superior client and vendor relationship/service skills
· Ability to problem-solve independently and in groups
· Excellent time management, written and oral communication skills
· Experience with budget management
· Ability to travel 25% of the time
· Proficient in PowerPoint, Excel, PhotoShop & Word
The role will be to drive and manage our client’s US-based activities relating to its global Olympic marketing platform, in close coordination with the global account team. The focus of this role will be to develop B-2-B and B-2-C sales marketing programs customized for disparate client divisions, to leverage Olympic sponsorship to generate measurable business returns.
- Develop and sell-in business-to-business (B-2-B) activation programs/promotions not only as customized programs, but also as toolkits to help other lines of business facing similar activation challenges.
- Interact daily with various client divisions and all appropriate agencies/vendors to support Olympic sponsorship initiatives.
- Liaise/interface with internal IMG divisions, as necessary, to develop and implement Olympic program, including areas such as on-site activation and athlete usage.
- Manage the creation of implementation and tracking materials, as needed, to support Olympic sponsorship initiatives, including the preparation of marketing activation presentations, measurement reports, and other such materials to be distributed to our client and its businesses.
- Become an “expert” in Olympic marketing and our client’s business/marketing goals.
- Assist in the development and management of Olympic activation program budgets
- Work in tandem with Olympic Account Manager (US) colleague to provide seamless client service, program development and Olympic client education.
- A minimum of 8-10 years of agency or client-based marketing experience, ideally with 6-8 years of sales marketing experience and 3-5 years of Olympic-specific activation experience
- Have developed and implemented b2b-focused and pan-regional marketing or sponsorship activation programs that netted measurable positive client returns.
- Have negotiated sponsorship, athlete and/or event contracts.
- Practical experience with integrated campaigns including on-site event marketing operations and logistics, PR-based initiatives, web-based communications, merchandising vendors, and advertising/promotional agencies.
- Ability to problem-solve independently and in groups; a combination creative self-starter and team player.
- Successful management of fellow marketing professionals.
- Ability to travel approximately 30% of the time.
- Proficient in Word, PowerPoint & Excel.
- The individual will be a motivated self-starter who has a rich heritage of working with a variety of different business environments (B-2-B \ B-2-C) at a senior level.
- In particular, he/she will have an entrepreneurial proven track record of working and developing a variety of sales marketing programs and exhibit excellence in client service, time management and presentation skills.
- The candidate needs to be of a senior level, who can hold his/her own with Marketing Directors to CEO’s.
Housed within the IMG North America Events group, the primary responsibility of this role is to effectively drive new business revenue, while enhancing profitability on existing partnerships for the ANA Inspiration LPGA Event.
Proactively search and close new corporate partnerships for the ANA Inspiration
Manage and grow profitability on an existing book of business, while maintaining 90% renewal rate
Actively participate in product development, analysis of asset margins and overall sales/marketing strategy in collaboration with ANA Inspiration and IMG Golf leadership
Oversee the activation of all clients from commitment through execution in collaboration with the operational delivery team
Generate qualified lead lists via active networking, in market presence and other means
Work with Tournament Director on LPGA Official Marketing Partner strategy to increase average OMP annual spend
Collaborate with IMG shared resources and ANA Inspiration staff on B2B and B2C strategy and execution plans to enhance annual profitability
Identify new special event and/or programs designed to increase revenue and market equity
Develop and share KPIs with corporate partners, conduct post-event recap meetings with client base
Prepare 10-20 proposals weekly that include a multi-faceted sponsorship, while adhering to the profit margins required as agreed upon with Tournament Director
Attend and support the production of all tournament special events
Proactively adhere to weekly, monthly and annual activity and revenue targets as set by Tournament Director and Director of National Sales
Liaise with local business, community and government leaders to build key stakeholder equity in the event.
Key Requirements and Competencies:
2+ years experience in sales, sport sponsorships and/or marketing industries
Detail-oriented; ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and produce quality work within deadlines
Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and to solve problems effectively and independently
Superior organization, interpersonal and communication skills (both oral and written).
Demonstrated ability to take initiative and solve problems independently
Proficiency with Microsoft Office Software (specifically PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook and Word)
Willingness work non-traditional work hours, including weekends and holidays
Sharp attention to detail
Able to handle multiple priorities simultaneously in a fast paced, deadline-driven environment
Ability to adapt to shifts in market and/or organizational conditions
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Y/N: Do you have 2+ years experience in sales, sport sponsorships and/or marketing industries?
2. Please describe any experience you have in the event sales space.
3. Please define your salary expectations.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ