Current available jobs in Consulting & Corporate Sales:
» Director, Sponsorship Sales - Tennis - Global Partnerships (New York, NY)
» Senior Director, Sponsorship Sales - IMG (New York, NY)
» Senior Vice President, Olympic Consulting and Strategy - IMG (New York, NY)
Catalyst is an award-winning consumer PR group within WME|IMG’s Global Partnerships team – the world’s leading cultural marketing agency focused on connecting brands with consumers in memorable ways. Unlike any other PR or marketing agency that exists, we can deliver breakthrough marketing solutions by tapping into audience passions through deep-seeded access, knowledge and expertise across entertainment, music, fashion, sports, culinary and the arts.
Whether it’s creating a digital content series, leveraging a powerful sponsorship, creating a buzzworthy VR experience or designing an influencer program, we provide earned value to our roster of leading global brands, including VISA, DICK'S Sporting Goods, Microsoft, Marriott International, USAA and Under Armour.
Here’s where you come in: we’re actively seeking talented individuals who can add to our innovative, collaborative and entrepreneurial culture. We invite you to learn more about us.
We are currently looking for an Account Executive with 3-5 years of consumer public relations and social media experience to continue to help grow our award-wining agency.
- Demonstrate a proven track record of successfully pitching local/regional/national media, across business and consumer lifestyle verticals. Pitching experience with travel/hospitality, sports, design/décor, music and entertainment are also relevant.
- Have a knack for developing media contacts and generating media interest in brand stories, then converting interest into secured media placements
- Staff major media events, spokesperson media tours and executive deskside tours
- Extensive writing experience in crafting newsworthy stories through press releases, pitches and other materials
- Assist account leader in developing plans, proposals and gathering information for new business opportunities
- Work with other AC’s and AAE’s on various assignments, facilitating teamwork through productive and efficient internal communication
- Lead drafting of a weekly status agenda and action items for clients
- Actively participate and contribute to the development of account programs, plans and ideas and participate regularly in client meetings
- Engage directly with clients, building an understanding and knowledge of the clients’ business and competitive environments
- Demonstrate understanding for industry’s digital tools/platforms (e.g. Cision) and fluency with social media channels
- Report program results to account managers and client
Any combination of education and experience providing the required skill and knowledge for successful performance would qualify. Typical qualifications would be equivalent to:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, English, Marketing or a related field.
- Three to five years of experience in public relations or similar position in a non-agency setting.
WME | IMG Sponsorship Sales division is responsible for creating and selling branded, high-impact sponsorship opportunities to major Fortune 500 brands utilizing the WME / IMG portfolio of assets.
The Director, Sponsorship Sales will be based in the New York offices of WME | IMG and reports to the Senior Vice President, Sponsorship Sales. The Director will be charged with identifying and developing revenue-generating opportunities for the company with outside Fortune 500 companies, primarily through direct-to-client contact.
• Deep working knowledge of the sales process and a strong general sales acumen, as well as superior relationship development and account management skills.
• Run point on Title of Stanford Tournament (Currently Bank of The West).
• Work closely with Miami Open Team on renewal and new business conversations.
• Partner with International Tennis Team on inter-region opportunities.
• Collaborate with the WTA on new Partners and a new title Partner.
• Understand and excel at sponsorship sales and opportunities.
• Continually, develop new prospects to build and manage a sustained, multi-million dollar pipeline of opportunities.
• Coordinate and executive the development, delivery and presentation of proposals.
• Focus on developing and maintaining strong relationships with important decision makers at client marketing companies and their respective advertising agencies in a variety of business categories
• Understand the marketing objectives of clients and their agencies, and determining how WME | IMG can help them achieve their goals
• Works closely with Branded Content Marketing, Research and Creative Services team(s) to ensure that appropriate information is incorporated into sponsorship packages to showcase the value proposition of WME / IMG to clients.
• Direct and partner with colleagues with the prospecting process and preparation of sales presentations and pitch materials.
• Work on cross functional teams to ensure clients’ objective and partnership marketing deliverables are achieved.
• 6-10+ years of sales/account management and relationship development experience in the media/marketing/sponsorship arena with major Fortune 500 brands, either on the brand marketing side of the business, content/publisher/network side of the business or with a major sports or entertainment property, agency or media company
• Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred. MBA a plus but not required.
• Strong working knowledge of national/global sponsorships and brand activation through properties and IPs is critical
• Ability to understand and work within a variety of different business models/revenue models is highly desirable.
• Ability to travel up 25% of the time.
• A sound working knowledge of the sponsorship/partnership/events marketplace including but not limited to: common industry vernacular and terminology, competitive intelligence, data analytics/performance metrics and sponsorship value measurement.
• Knowledge of sports league and property partners and their activation of those partnerships, a working knowledge of the entertainment and media marketplace.
• Proven experience managing partnership marketing efforts with success growing account spends incrementally.
• Self-motivated, resourceful individual with a strong working knowledge of the digital, mobile and social media spaces and how marketers are utilizing these platforms.
The Senior Director, Priority Inventory ?is a member of the Sponsorship Sales team, selling title sponsorships for golf, tennis, and mass participation events. The ideal candidate possesses a proven track record of winning 7-figure title partnerships with a strategic sales approach. They understand client needs first, introducing high-value opportunities from a strategic perspective that will help their clients achieve brand and marketing goals. The Senior Director must have an active network spanning major consumer brands, agencies, and professional sports leagues / businesses with a drive for fostering positive relationships for long-term mutual brand and financial benefits.
- Win 7-figure title sponsorships with major brands and companies for golf, tennis, and mass participation events
- Strategically service the marketing objectives of clients, delivering opportunities supported with research and insights that will suit client needs and brand goals
- Develop new prospects to build a sustained, multi-million dollar pipeline of opportunities
- Partner with International Golf, Tennis, and Events Teams on inter-region opportunities.
- Lead the development, delivery, and presentation of proposals, effectively packaging partnership opportunities
- Engages existing network to leverage relationships with brands and agencies
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with important decision makers at client marketing companies and their respective advertising agencies in a variety of business categories
- Works closely with Branded Content Marketing, Research and Creative Services team(s) to ensure that appropriate information is incorporated into sponsorship packages to showcase the value proposition of WME / IMG to clients
- Direct and partner with colleagues with the prospecting process and preparation of sales presentations and pitch materials
- Work on cross functional teams to ensure clients’ objective and partnership marketing deliverables are achieved
- 7+ years’ experience in sponsorship and/or events sales engaging major consumer brands, agencies, and sports leagues
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred. MBA a plus.
- Proven track record of successfully winning 7-figure plus deals
- Deep working knowledge of the sales process and a strong general sales acumen
- Demonstrable knowledge of sponsorship sales, sports leagues, property partners, activations, and title partnerships
- Strong working knowledge of national/global sponsorships and brand activation through properties and IPs is critical
- Superior relationship development and account management skills
- Self-motivated, resourceful individual with a strong working knowledge of the digital, mobile and social media spaces and how marketers are utilizing these platforms
- Ability to understand and work within a variety of different business models/revenue models
- A sound working knowledge of the sponsorship/partnership/events marketplace including but not limited to: common industry vernacular and terminology, competitive intelligence, data analytics/performance metrics and sponsorship value measurement
- Proven experience managing partnership marketing efforts with success growing account spends incrementally
The Senior Vice President will lead the WME|IMG Olympic consulting business worldwide, championing the value of our expertise in the Olympic movement and building new opportunities for our portfolio of properties, divisions, and client accounts. The ideal candidate is an Olympic expert, a steward, and a leader, with a global perspective and a commercial mind-set. They are immersed in the Olympic space, with expertise across all aspects of the Olympic movement and possess a network spanning the IOC, NOCs, NGBs, and official partners. The Senior Vice President has successfully built partnerships and sponsorships between influential organizations and the Olympic movement at the international level, and is well-versed in navigating the highly regulated and dynamic global Olympic landscape.
*This position can be based in New York or London*
• Build and implement the development, strategy, and execution of WME | IMG’s Olympic consulting business
• Work with and support the Global Partnerships account teams that currently work with brands who have Olympic related partnerships
• Create and identify strategic partnership and consulting opportunities for WME | IMG in the Olympic space
• Champion the Olympic consulting business externally and internally, raising the profile of our capabilities with the Olympic community and brand marketers to increase revenue
• Serve as the Olympic liaison within WME|IMG, connecting the dots for Global Partnerships with other areas of the company that touch the Olympic movement (media, talent, content, etc.)
• Serve as the Global Partnerships subject matter expert on the Olympic Games, transferring key knowledge, insights, and experience to clients, internal leaders, and account teams to create high-impact Olympic programs
• Nurture relationships with relevant committees, stakeholders, Olympic partners and sponsors
• Minimum 15 years’ experience in the Olympic sponsorship/partnership/business development space at a brand, agency, and/or committee
• Demonstrable knowledge of Olympic verticals, sponsorship history, Olympic brand history, case studies, and rules of engagement related to leveraging the Olympic brand and its trademarks/brandmarks on regional and international levels
• Demonstrable success building international partnerships with blue-chip and Fortune 500 companies across a variety of sectors
• Experienced across full lifecycle of strategic partnerships/sponsorships from concept to activation to ROI analysis
• Active relationships with Olympic-related organizations including but not limited to IOC, OCOGs, NOCs, NGBs etc.
• Well-versed in complex and nuanced contract negotiations involving, but not limited to multi-national NGBs, brands, agencies, media, distribution rights, and talent
• Expertise in leading executive and C-suite facing pitches and presentations
• Experience partnering with senior stakeholders and influencing across organizational boundaries
• Existing network of key brands and agencies across industries and sectors
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ