Current available jobs in Hospitality/Event Management/Facilities:
***PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS A TEMPORARY/SEASONAL POSITION BEGINNING IN FEBRUARY AND ENDING AT END OF APRIL***
This position provides support for the Miami Open presented by Itau (March 20th-April 2nd). We require that all persons applying for this position have their own reliable vehicle for transportation to and from the Tennis Center on Key Biscayne. This position will work directly with the Operations Team. All members of the Facility Operations Staff will report directly to the Operations Manager and Vice President of Facilities. The position will start in the month of February and will run until the end of April. As a part of the Facility Operations Staff you will be an integral part of the set up for one of the world’s largest tennis events. You will also work throughout the event on various daily tasks, and finally help clean up and restore the site to its original form.
Status: Temporary Full-Time.
Dates Time Period: February 1st – May 7th
Rate : Starting at $10/hour. You will be averaging 60-80 hours per week during pre-event as well as additional hours during the event. (all hours over 40 hours a week are considered overtime)
· Having the ability to come on site weeks prior to the event. You will be responsible in helping set up various daily tasks that will be assigned to you which will result in the presentation of the Miami Open presented by Itau.
· Operations staff will participate in pre-tournament site and stadium preparations as well as post-tournament tear-down, which will require heavy lifting in the hot sun.
· During the tournament we support and manage the entire site/facility. Duties include: on-court match support, facilities management, support of volunteer groups, vendors, sponsors, players and staff.
Set up (including but not limited to):
· TV hanging
· Wall Wraps
· Building various stands of wood
· Carpentry and handy-man-type work
· Having the ability to drive job site machinery such as: forklift, scissor lift and lull; loading/unloading trucks and staging the operations compound is a plus (however not a requirement)
· Having the ability to drive company vehicle to our warehouse or other various places for items needed for set up
· Keep accurate records of received and distributed inventory, product and supplies
· Facilitate the delivery and pick up of (US Mail, FedEx, UPS, DHL, etc) all packages from Administrative offices and tournament site
· Delivery of sodas, snacks, coffee, and supplies to designated areas throughout the site
· Willingness, with a smile, to do whatever it takes to run the very best sporting event possible
· The ability to “think like an owner” and manage areas of responsibility
· To act in a professional manner while in the presence of world-class athletes
· Must be well organized, efficient, work well with others and utilize time management skills to meet project deadlines
Job Type: Temporary Contract/Full Time
Salary: $10.00 /hour
· Key Biscayne, FL 33149
· High school or equivalent
· Furniture Moving
· Forklift Operator
· Warehouse Management
· Shipping And Receiving
· Power Tools
· Hand Tools
· Sign Hanging
· Spanish (a plus-not required)
Required licenses or certifications:
· Forklift Certified (a plus-not required)
· Driver's License
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Do you live in the Miami area?
2. Do you have transportation to Key Biscayne?
3. Are you able to work weekends and long hours?
4. Do you have related experience applicable for this position?
5. Are you able to work outdoors for extended periods of time?
6. Do you have event setup & breakdown experience?
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ