Director of Digital & Social Media - WME Live (Dallas, TX)
Effectively lead process of identification and sourcing content for all brand websites, email, and social media channels. (MUST have examples of social media content, website content, blog content, and email copy)
Keen research capabilities for developing personas and audience insights
Social media management with a variety of clients on all platforms - Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter, Pinterest, blogs, Google+, YouTube
Google Analytics skills
Manages contests, promotions, and giveaways.
Social media strategy AND execution of content calendar that brings together BU and consumer insights to act as a living planning document that can be leveraged to create programming and activation by channel.
Google AdWords and social media ads
Identify trends in the digital live events landscape and provide viewpoints on the key opportunities that will evolve how WME Live engages with customers/stakeholders and drive incremental value
Lead and manage new digital capability development projects from incubation to launch with cross-functional colleagues (sponsorship, business affairs, etc.).
Partner with external clients to advance WME Live’s learning agenda to drive digital understanding, fluency and uptake.
Serve as thought leader to internal stakeholders and provide guidance as needed to colleagues across the organization as digital initiatives are implemented and executed.
Manage online user experience
Develop and maintain working knowledge of the Content Management Systems used to manage brand websites.
Analyze success of digital marketing plans, programs and tactics. Uses analyses to refine and improve marketing plans.
Community marketing across multiple digital platforms
Email marketing – directing the overall strategy, development and execution for multiple brands and messages on weekly basis
Overseeing the email marketing platform with Exact Target experience a plus
Consumer database management and list segmentation
Develop and manage SEM and SEO strategy / keyword management
Mobile apps – leading the overall vision, user experience, content management and marketing
Leading ecommerce development and marketing initiatives with both ticketing and merchandise
Digital integration onsite at events
Reporting, surveying, analytics, implementing insights & bringing those into action
P&L management with fiscal responsibility
Bachelor's Degree in marketing, communications, or equivalent experience.
At least 10 years digital marketing experience / social media specialist in the live events industry.
Brand Management experience required
Agency experience a plus
Demonstrated experience in and passion for applying innovative and emerging digital technologies to drive business impact
Being a change agent and organizing teams that successfully achieve milestones and deliverables
Candidate may be required to provide specific examples of their work
Ability to manage and provide leadership to web and digital media staff.
Strong consumer understanding
Strong leadership skills
Ability to develop differentiated marketing strategy
Channel experience, including digital, social, mobile, video, and print
Media experience, including digital advertising search and social
Impeccable client service skills
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Why does this role interest you?
2. What would your plans be in the first 90 days if you were offered position?
3. What can you offer the position that someone else cannot?
4. Name 3 qualities you have that will make you successful in this position
5. Share your most successful digital and social media success story. To what do you attribute that success?
6. Why is social media important to a marketing strategy?
7. YES/NO: Have you ever directed a website build or rebuild from the start? What was the site?
8. What’s the largest marketing budget you’ve managed?
9. Tell us about a major issues that someone has brought to you and how did you handle it? It can be something in your current position, personal, or previous employer.
10. What have you done in your position that demonstrates initiative?
11. How would you describe your leadership style?
12. What do you see as your three greatest strengths?
13. What do you think is your biggest weakness?
14. We all make mistakes. Tell me about a time you made a mistake. When you discovered that you have made one, how do you handle it?
15. What are your biggest personal or career goals?
16. What do you do for fun?
17. Tell me about a former boss and something you learned from them?