WME IMG seeks a highly motivated Brand Protection and Data Security and Privacy Counsel to be responsible for protecting and enforcing several of the most famous global trademarks and to manage and advise business and legal in connection with global data privacy and security issues. This is a full-time position and is located in our New York, New York offices, and will report to the two SVP, Associate General Counsels who oversee legal and business affairs for IMG businesses globally.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Primary responsibility for online trademark enforcement and brand protection efforts globally for multiple brand portfolios
- Instruct, supervise and collaborate with outside counsel on trademark protection including opposition claims and disputes, including administrative or trademark-office disputes, pre-litigation matters, and litigation, working with IMG litigation counsel
- Support global anti-counterfeiting efforts
- Design and collaborate on brand consistency initiatives
- Contribute to the continuous development and improvement of trademark enforcement strategies and processes
- Track and monitor global data protection laws, including data transfer requirements and prepare the business and law department for any changes in legislation in both data protection and cyber security
- Coordinate and collaborate with data privacy and coverage lawyers company-wide
- Assist with any information security investigations, including managing projects and documenting incident response
- Advise on contract provisions related to data security compliance
- Assist in the development of privacy training to facilitate and promote information privacy awareness within the Company and related entities
- JD with membership in at least one state bar
- 7+ years of relevant experience with trademark/brand protection(including litigation)
- 5+ years of relevant experience with data privacy and security
- Able to quickly reach technical proficiency with new practice management tools
- Must be organized and resourceful, with ability to independently prioritize, drive, and manage projects in a fast-paced, high-stakes environment
- Exercise sound, pragmatic judgment and think strategically
- Exceptional interpersonal and language skills and a commitment to professionalism, collaboration and collegiality
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Do you have a minimum of seven (7) years of relevant experience with trademark/brand protection (including litigation)?
2. Do you have a minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience with data privacy and security?
3. Please state salary requirements.
Click here to see all of our employment opportunities.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ